It’s that time of day when you’re in between meals and are striving your hardest to lead a healthy lifestyle. Eating less is apart of that life style and your cravings wont let you forget it. No matter what you do, you cant seem to take your mind off the next think you’ll eat. What if being satisfied wasn’t so much in what you’ll eat next but what you ate last? Here are a list of 15 food items that will keep you satiated longer, which in turn means less snacking and less caloric intake.
- Nuts – Protein, fat, minerals and micronutrients keeps you full and energetic for longer.
- Apples – Pectin soluble fibre in the skin is a natural appetite suppressant. Also, apple = lots of fiber.
- Spices such as cayenne & cinnamon – Add 1/4 tsp to your meal to help you eat less during the meal and after!
- Oatmeal – It takes longer to digest therefore releases energy slowly, keeping you feeling full for longer.
- Mint – Chew mint gum, drink mint in your water, even smelling mint plant or oil helps you ingest less calories in the day!
- Avocado – Foods high in fiber and rich in fat take longer to digest, allowing you to experience less overall hunger—and possibly take in fewer calories.
- Leafy greens – Literally, it’s almost impossible for these to be stored as fat. The roughage contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help you feel full.
- Flax and chia seeds – Add these to your smoothies, shakes and oatmeal! Bake it into your treats!
- Coconut yogurt – Dairy-free and delicious! Eat with with berries in the morning or for a mid day sweet snack!
- Eggs -Have lower levels of ghrelin, an appetite-stimulating hormone which lets the brain know to eat, and higher levels of PPY, a hormone that helps stomachs feel full. They’re the perfect combination of protein and fat, so they’re more satisfying than other breakfast foods
- Lemon – Vitamin C helps the body process fat faster and also stimulates the amino acid known as carnitine which speeds up the body’s fat-burning capacity
- Vinegar – A lot of people have a hard time with this one, but it’s worth it!
- Green tea – Make a cup of this in between meals or right after one!
- Sprouted lentils – Lean protein, complex carbs and good fats = stable blood sugar = full feeling for the win!
- Salmon –Fish are the top meat if you want lots of filling protein but fewer calories. Contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids!
Don’t forget to share this blog on your socials! Follow me for more wellness tips and healthy recipes if you don’t already!