Craving Chinese food? This healthier alternative to Chinese fried rice will do the trick!
This recipe is great for your family around dinner time or even to make up a giant batch to store in the fridge for a few easy lunches! The portions are generous and you can get a few servings of vegetables into your diet. If you’re grain-free, cauliflower is a great alternative to rice and even bread. You can make all sorts of delicious recipes with it!
- 2 heads of organic cauliflower-crumbled in food processor
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced organic asparagus
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp. Sesame seed oil
- 3 eggs
Let’s Make It!
- Heat up the sesame seed oil and garlic in a nonstick sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add in cauliflower crumbles, carrots, mushrooms and asparagus in pan to sauté.
- After about 4 minutes of those veggies cooking, push them all to one side of the pan.
- Pour the eggs into empty side of pan and start to scramble them there. Once they’re all cooked, mix in with veggie mixture.
- Add in coconut aminos, salt, and pepper then stir altogether.
- Once all mixed well, scoop the “rice” into a bowl and top with scallions. If you like spice, add Sriracha as well!
I also love to add in some chicken or steak. Let’s face it, husbands rarely consider food a meal if there isn’t meat! Throw some in and serve it up hot!
I presented this recipe on KBAK Eyewitness News last week, watch the video here: http://bakersfieldnow.com/news/eyewitness-mornings/healthy-fried-rice-with-cayla-craft
If you love this recipe, your friends might too. Feel free to share it on your Facebook or pin it!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media to see all my new recipes as I post them!