This is another one of those easy recipes you’ll come back to again and again. The bars are minimal ingredients (my favorite!) and super fun to make. Key ingredients: DATES! So sweet and so much more healthy than buying a box of brownie mix. They even bring their own natural sweetness to the recipe so there’s no added sugar! My kids love sitting on the counter tops and helping me put these bars together. They’re great to carry with us for snack if we know we’ll be out for the day, or just to leave in a jar to grab out as you please! Okay, let’s do this…
- 2 cups Medjool pitted dates
- 1.5 cups walnuts
- 2 heaping tbsp. raw cacao powder
Let’s Make It!
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until they form a ball.
- Covered pan with parchment paper.
- Flatten out the mixture in the pan.
- Place in freezer for an hour to set in place.
- Cut into squares and Enjoy!
Easy peasy. That’s all there is to it and guess what? Dates pack essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc can be found in dates. It also contains vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. That’s winning.
If you love this recipe, your friends might too. Feel free to share it on your Facebook or pin it!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media to see all my new recipes as I post them!